• To provide clear guidance on the purpose and use of global, regional and national indicators in the context of tracking progress towards the 2020 Mission and Targets of the CBD;
• To prepare a table of suggested indicators, together with suitable metrics/methodologies and existing or required data sources, organized by target, that can be delivered and reported on within the 2011-2020 period at the global scale;
• To review national capacity to deliver and report on appropriate indicators, and current efforts and mechanisms to support national indicator development and use, and to identify possible means to enhance such support and capacity;
• To provide succinct information on how global-national/regional indicator linkages can be strengthened; and
• To deliver this information as an input to facilitate the work of the AHTEG.
The immediate output of the workshop will be a report incorporating all relevant outputs.